It is the intention of all staff in the Federation to work as a team so that children learn to the full extent of their abilities.
This is not confined to the academic realm but also within the spheres of spiritual, social, emotional and personal development.
The Federation has developed an inclusion model that supports the various threads in which children might need support during their learning journeys with us.
The Leadership Team oversees 'Inclusion' and the day-to-day administration and monitoring is under the remit of Mrs Melanie Underhay, the Inclusion Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
The options that the staff will use to support the children change and develop as the needs of the child are explored and identified.
Some of the support systems in use include:
• Motor Skills United: An Occupational Therapy Programme, colour coded and fun-filled to integrate and develop Motor and Perceptual Skills which impact on learning and handwriting.
• Read Write inc - Fresh Start: a programme used to support the literacy needs of KS2 children
• Rapid Reading: A programme to support reading needs in KS2 children
• CAF/TAF: Family based support which typically takes place every six weeks and which accesses outside agencies.
• SAM (Student Attendance Meetings): These meetings work with the family to support improved attendance and timekeeping, working in close liaison with the Educational Welfare Officer (EWO)
To ensure continuity of approach, we use Pupil Passports to support various children as they progress through their school life. The Inclusion Manager monitors and reviews these on a regular basis.