7th January 2021
The DFE is offering a scheme where, for certain mobile networks, they will uncap / increase the end users mobile data allowance for families with no fixed broadband connection. The following are participating networks:
This scheme is to facilitate uncapped / increased data allowances where the parent’s mobile is being used as a hotspot or the source of internet access.
This scheme is open to children and young people who:
• don’t have access to a fixed broadband connection
• cannot afford the additional data needed to access educational resources or social care services
• have access to a mobile device that uses a participating network
• are facing disruption to their face-to-face education, or have been advised not to attend school
The school needs to collect the following information from you to pass to the DfE:
- the adult account holder’s name (over 18)
- mobile number (a number beginning with ‘07’)
- the mobile network
- whether you are on a contract or a pay as you go deal (PAYG)
If you are eligible under the above criteria and would like us to pass your details to the DFE, please confirm via email the above details to email@example.com by Monday 11th January at the latest.